Drawing wide characters in Xlib - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Drawing wide characters in Xlib - Xwindows ; Hello, I'm looking for a Xlib-function, with which I can draw wide-character text. I know the functions XDrawString and XDrawString16 for character-text and two-byte character-text, but so far I couldn't find functions to draw wide-character (4-Byte) text. Can anybody help ...

  1. Drawing wide characters in Xlib

    Hello,

    I'm looking for a Xlib-function, with which I can draw wide-character
    text. I know the functions XDrawString and XDrawString16 for
    character-text and two-byte character-text, but so far I couldn't find
    functions to draw wide-character (4-Byte) text.

    Can anybody help me or give me a link?

    Tank you in advance

    Dieter

  2. Re: Drawing wide characters in Xlib

    dieter.mueller@mailcentro.zzn.com (Dieter Mueller) writes:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm looking for a Xlib-function, with which I can draw wide-character
    > text. I know the functions XDrawString and XDrawString16 for
    > character-text and two-byte character-text, but so far I couldn't find
    > functions to draw wide-character (4-Byte) text.

    Is it not feasible to convert to something that there is an X function
    for?

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@kth.se

  3. Re: Drawing wide characters in Xlib

    In article <50115232.0406180656.6101642f@posting.google.com>,
    Dieter Mueller wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >I'm looking for a Xlib-function, with which I can draw wide-character
    >text. I know the functions XDrawString and XDrawString16 for
    >character-text and two-byte character-text, but so far I couldn't find
    >functions to draw wide-character (4-Byte) text.
    >
    >Can anybody help me or give me a link?

    Look at XwcDrawString and XwcDrawText.

+ Reply to Thread