bios password, ne help? - Xwindows

This is a discussion on bios password, ne help? - Xwindows ; I'm having a giant problem installing my new hard drive. My old hard drive is corrupt and will no longer even boot up on safe mode. and my floppy drive although it reads, it will not send any data. this ...

  1. bios password, ne help?

    I'm having a giant problem installing my new hard drive. My old hard
    drive is corrupt and will no longer even boot up on safe mode. and my
    floppy drive although it reads, it will not send any data. this means
    to use a boot disk to install a new OS on my new hard drive I need to
    get into my bios to change my startup sequence. HOWEVER my bios is
    password protected. neither myself or any of my family has set this
    password and I cannot guess it. Is there anyway of reseting or
    bypassing this password. If anyone can help please do.

    masta p

  2. Re: bios password, ne help?

    mastap2003@hotmail.com (masta p) writes:

    > I'm having a giant problem installing my new hard drive. My old hard
    > drive is corrupt and will no longer even boot up on safe mode. and my
    > floppy drive although it reads, it will not send any data. this means
    > to use a boot disk to install a new OS on my new hard drive I need to
    > get into my bios to change my startup sequence. HOWEVER my bios is
    > password protected. neither myself or any of my family has set this
    > password and I cannot guess it. Is there anyway of reseting or
    > bypassing this password. If anyone can help please do.

    You're having another problem too, which is posting irrelevant
    questions to a newsgroup for discussions about the X Window System.
    However, you might be able to find a jumper on the motherboard to
    reset the password.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@kth.se