Undeletable objects in Xfig - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Undeletable objects in Xfig - Xwindows ; I am running Xfig 3.2 patchlevel 3b. I have an object in a file that I can't select and can't delete. If I redraw the figure that object is still there and saving to a different file doesn't get rid ...

  1. Undeletable objects in Xfig

    I am running Xfig 3.2 patchlevel 3b.

    I have an object in a file that I can't select and can't delete.

    If I redraw the figure that object is still there and saving to
    a different file doesn't get rid of it.

    How do I get rid of this object?
    --

  2. Re: Undeletable objects in Xfig

    seavey@nova5.cs.wisc.edu (Beverly Seavey) writes:

    > I am running Xfig 3.2 patchlevel 3b.
    >
    > I have an object in a file that I can't select and can't delete.
    >
    > If I redraw the figure that object is still there and saving to
    > a different file doesn't get rid of it.
    >
    > How do I get rid of this object?

    I haven't seen that bug. The fileformat of xfig is on the other hand
    pure text:

    http://duke.usask.ca/~macphed/soft/fig/FORMAT3.2.txt

    You can probably remove the object by editing the file in a text
    editor.

    --
    - Mårten

    mail: msv@kth.se *** ICQ: 4356928 *** mobile: +46 (0)707390385