Hummingbird exceed question - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Hummingbird exceed question - Xwindows ; I'm using hummingbird exceed 7.1 on windows 2000 to access solaris 8 host. I can type Chinese characters on windows applications since I turned on multiligual feature. Can I use the same input method to enter Chinese characters on my ...

  1. Hummingbird exceed question

    I'm using hummingbird exceed 7.1 on windows 2000 to access solaris 8 host.
    I can type Chinese characters on windows applications since I turned on
    multiligual feature.
    Can I use the same input method to enter Chinese characters on my X
    application on solaris?
    Is this doable? What utiltities do I need?

    Thanks for your help!

  2. Re: Hummingbird exceed question

    "Tulan W. Hu" wrote in news:c80al1
    $2dc@netnews.proxy.lucent.com:
    > I'm using hummingbird exceed 7.1 on windows 2000 to access solaris 8 host.
    > I can type Chinese characters on windows applications since I turned on
    > multiligual feature.
    > Can I use the same input method to enter Chinese characters on my X
    > application on solaris?

    Multi-lingual functionality is a client-side feature. Some X GUI tools have
    built-in Asian-language input methods (e.g., Motif and CDE). Others may not.
    You should be able to enable this feature (for Motif applications) via the
    CDE desktop manager.

  3. Re: Hummingbird exceed question

    "Ken" wrote in message ...
    > > I'm using hummingbird exceed 7.1 on windows 2000 to access solaris 8

    host.
    > > I can type Chinese characters on windows applications since I turned on
    > > multiligual feature.
    > > Can I use the same input method to enter Chinese characters on my X
    > > application on solaris?

    > Multi-lingual functionality is a client-side feature. Some X GUI tools

    have
    > built-in Asian-language input methods (e.g., Motif and CDE). Others may

    not.
    > You should be able to enable this feature (for Motif applications) via the
    > CDE desktop manager.

    Thanks for your reply.
    The hummingbird exceed 7.1 seems to support CJK because it has
    CJK input icon on the config window. The document has very limited info.
    I added info in my exceed.ini file as it stated, but it does not work for
    me.
    Anyone uses hummingbird exceed here?

  4. Re: Hummingbird exceed question

    On Fri, 14 May 2004 10:30:33 -0400, "Tulan W. Hu"
    wrote:

    >"Ken" wrote in message ...
    >> > I'm using hummingbird exceed 7.1 on windows 2000 to access solaris 8

    >host.
    >> > I can type Chinese characters on windows applications since I turned on
    >> > multiligual feature.
    >> > Can I use the same input method to enter Chinese characters on my X
    >> > application on solaris?

    >> Multi-lingual functionality is a client-side feature. Some X GUI tools

    >have
    >> built-in Asian-language input methods (e.g., Motif and CDE). Others may

    >not.
    >> You should be able to enable this feature (for Motif applications) via the
    >> CDE desktop manager.

    >Thanks for your reply.
    >The hummingbird exceed 7.1 seems to support CJK because it has
    >CJK input icon on the config window. The document has very limited info.
    >I added info in my exceed.ini file as it stated, but it does not work for
    >me.
    >Anyone uses hummingbird exceed here?

    Yes, and you're TWO major releases behind. If you purchased it, why
    not ask Hummingbird?

    --
    gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
    How you look depends on where you go.
    | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    Official .sig, Accept no substitutes. | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    | 0 1 7 2 3 / ݳ 3 7 4 9 3 0 ۳
    Black Helicopter Repair Services, Ltd.| Official Proof of Purchase

  5. Re: Hummingbird exceed question

    > Yes, and you're TWO major releases behind. If you purchased it, why
    > not ask Hummingbird?

    I would love to upgrade, but it depends upon the IT department to do it.
    I searched hummingbird web site and only found the limited info to put into
    the exceed.ini file that is not working.

  6. Re: Hummingbird exceed question

    > I would love to upgrade, but it depends upon the IT department to do it.
    > I searched hummingbird web site and only found the limited info to put

    into
    > the exceed.ini file that is not working.

    I strongly recommend you NOT upgrade. Infact, I recommend to downgrade.
    Exceed 3D 6.1 was the last version that was worth anything. I don't know
    about input methods, but for CDE desktops, versions above 6.1 didn't support
    it right. It was junk. And here I thought revisions up were supposed to be
    better than their predecessors.

+ Reply to Thread