gtk and grayscale, staticgray - Xwindows

This is a discussion on gtk and grayscale, staticgray - Xwindows ; I think gtk(or only glib? anyway) works strange with 8-bit grayscale or staticgray. When I run gtk app on 8 bit gray X with other applications like xterm, screen looks strange. when I switch focus on gtk app or others, ...

  1. gtk and grayscale, staticgray

    I think gtk(or only glib? anyway) works strange with 8-bit grayscale or
    staticgray.

    When I run gtk app on 8 bit gray X with other applications like xterm,
    screen looks strange. when I switch focus on gtk app or others, other
    windows not focused look strange.

    Especially when I use a window manager not using gtk(for example, twm,
    windowmaker, mwm), it is really unbearable.

    Do you have any idea to solve it?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: gtk and grayscale, staticgray

    I upgraded to XFree86-4.4.0.