Terminal service and disk access - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Terminal service and disk access - Xwindows ; I have a Win 2000 server running as RAS Terminal Service. All accesses are via dial up over analog modem. Most of the time the connected speed is approx. 36K. I have no problem connecting and running applications in the ...

  1. Terminal service and disk access

    I have a Win 2000 server running as RAS Terminal Service. All accesses
    are via dial up over analog modem. Most of the time the connected
    speed is approx. 36K. I have no problem connecting and running
    applications in the server from clients running Win XP and Win '98.
    However when some applications need to access the client's hard disk
    it is problematic. Sometime it works prefectly OK and other it just
    cannot locate the local disk. I have tried mapping the local disk with
    an absolute drive ID (ie Z and addressing the drive as
    \\computername\localdriveID\folder\. Sometime it works and sometime it
    doesn't. Printing to client's printer works OK. What can be the
    problem. Is it the connecting speed? Is there anyway to improve the
    speed and stability of connecting the client's disk?. Thanks.

  2. Re: Terminal service and disk access

+ Reply to Thread