Free X server for Windows. - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Free X server for Windows. - Xwindows ; Hello people I want to make XDMCP connections to my Linux box, and I know I need X server for Windows. The problem is: most X servers for Windows are expensive. Does someone here knows of any X server for ...

  1. Free X server for Windows.

    Hello people

    I want to make XDMCP connections to my Linux box, and I know I need X server for
    Windows.

    The problem is: most X servers for Windows are expensive.
    Does someone here knows of any X server for Windows that is free?

    I've tried MicroImages X Server (MI/X), it is cheap but not very good.

    []s
    --
    Chaos Master® - Posting from Brazil
    MSN: Wizard_of_Yendor@hotmail.com / ICQ: 126735906

  2. Re: Free X server for Windows.

    Chaos> Hello people I want to make XDMCP connections to my Linux box, and I
    Chaos> know I need X server for Windows.

    Chaos> The problem is: most X servers for Windows are expensive. Does
    Chaos> someone here knows of any X server for Windows that is free?

    Cygwin has an X server. Last time I tried it, it was quite slow. But price it
    right! Check http://x.cygwin.com for more information.

    --
    Arto V. Viitanen av@cs.uta.fi
    University of Tampere, Department of Computer Sciences

  3. Re: Free X server for Windows.

    Arto Viitanen drowning:

    > Cygwin has an X server. Last time I tried it, it was quite slow. But price it
    > right! Check http://x.cygwin.com for more information.

    I think Cygwin is what I am looking for.

    Thank you!
    --
    Chaos Master® - Posting from Porto Alegre, Brazil
    MSN: Wizard_of_Yendor@hotmail.com / ICQ: 126735906
    BRASNET: Wizard_of_Yendor at #POA, #Canoas, #XLinuxNews
    NetHack in Portuguese: http://nethack-pt.sourceforge.net/

+ Reply to Thread