Current resolution -- how to determine from a script - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Current resolution -- how to determine from a script - Xwindows ; Hello, Are there any system variables I can access from a script that would tell me the current resolution of the X window system? If not, are there some sort of system calls I can make to determine this? --------------------------------------------- ...

  1. Current resolution -- how to determine from a script

    Hello,

    Are there any system variables I can access from a script that would
    tell me the current resolution of the X window system? If not, are
    there some sort of system calls I can make to determine this?

    Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee)
    Hewlett-Packard Company
    11311 Chinden Blvd.
    Boise, Idaho
    Please note: The e-mail address is purposely
    mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to
    become a spam haven.

  2. Re: Current resolution -- how to determine from a script

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:16:53 -0600, Andrew Falanga wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Are there any system variables I can access from a script that would
    > tell me the current resolution of the X window system? If not, are
    > there some sort of system calls I can make to determine this?

    xdpyinfo | grep dimensions

    To get just the (e.g.) 1024x768

    xdpyinfo | grep dimensions | cut -d ' ' -f 7

    Cheers,
    Ingo

    --
    Ingo Strauch ---- Registered Linux User #227900 (http://counter.li.org/)