Which's Office Automation Software ? - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Which's Office Automation Software ? - Xwindows ; Hi, I don't know which software is suitable for the following conditions. Anyone give me any idea ? OFFICE AUTOMATION SOFTWARE To supply, licence and install the office automation software described below, for thirty-five (35) workstations defined in paragraph 3.1.2.1.19 ...

  1. Which's Office Automation Software ?

    Hi,
    I don't know which software is suitable for the following conditions.
    Anyone give me any idea ?

    OFFICE AUTOMATION SOFTWARE

    To supply, licence and install the office automation software
    described below, for thirty-five (35) workstations defined in
    paragraph 3.1.2.1.19 above:
    1. The office automation software files must be fully compatible and
    interchangeable with Microsoft Office software.
    2. Bidders are specifically instructed to offer open-source solutions
    and costings for the office automation software and may also offer
    lower cost office automation software solutions (with costings)
    provided that all alternatives are able to read and write word
    processing and spreadsheet files in a format that is compatible with
    Microsoft Windows software.
    3. Email and Internet browsing capabilities shall not be required of
    the office suite as they are provided in the form of MS Outlook
    Express and MS Internet Explorer as part of the workstation operating
    system defined in paragraph 3.1.2.1.19 above and these may be used
    instead. Bidders are not required to be constrained by this
    observation and are invited to offer alternative email solutions
    and/or browser options from the open-source community.
    4. The most recent patches available shall be added to all software on
    the installation on the day of delivery.
    5. Each copy of the software must be presented with the original
    manufacturer's certificate of authenticity, suitably filed, with
    complete documentation linking individual licences to the serial
    number of the computer on which it is installed. This information
    shall form part of a complete network manual that the bidder shall
    hand over upon completion of the project.

  2. Re: Which's Office Automation Software ?

    The world rejoiced as vtlphuong_globaleis@yahoo.com (cubi) wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I don't know which software is suitable for the following conditions.
    > Anyone give me any idea ?

    Nothing at all.

    > 1. The office automation software files must be fully compatible and
    > interchangeable with Microsoft Office software.

    Only Microsoft Office is "fully compatible and interchangeable" with
    Microsoft Office software.

    > 5. Each copy of the software must be presented with the original
    > manufacturer's certificate of authenticity, suitably filed, with
    > complete documentation linking individual licences to the serial
    > number of the computer on which it is installed. This information
    > shall form part of a complete network manual that the bidder shall
    > hand over upon completion of the project.

    That establishes that only Microsoft will be a "legitimate" answer,
    because the 'manufacturers' of alternatives do not provide any such
    "certificates."

    The requirements have evidently been written in such a way that
    despite there being a clause claiming that they want people to
    "consider" using open source software, they prevent any such option
    from conforming to the requirements.
    --
    let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
    http://cbbrowne.com/info/emacs.html

  3. Re: Which's Office Automation Software ?

  4. Re: Which's Office Automation Software ?

    Hi cubi!

    On 19 Apr 04 at 03:09, "cubi" (cubi ) wrote:

    cubi> Hi, I don't know which software is suitable for the following
    cubi> conditions. Anyone give me any idea ?

    cubi> OFFICE AUTOMATION SOFTWARE

    cubi> To supply, licence and install the office automation software
    cubi> described below, for thirty-five (35) workstations defined in
    cubi> paragraph 3.1.2.1.19 above: 1. The office automation software files
    cubi> must be fully compatible and interchangeable with Microsoft Office

    /usr/bin/vi is probably the editor users would appreciate the best.

    --
    Sincerely,
    Dmitry

    --- www.karasik.eu.org ---

    The woods are full of people who want this job -- Dilbert

+ Reply to Thread