X Protocol Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) on protocol request 38 - Xwindows

This is a discussion on X Protocol Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) on protocol request 38 - Xwindows ; I'm using Cygwin's X server (latest version) to log into a Linux box. Using Emacs (in its own X Window) on the Linux box. I intermittently get the above error message which crashes the Emacs X Window. Thanks for any ...

  1. X Protocol Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) on protocol request 38

    I'm using Cygwin's X server (latest version) to log into a Linux box.
    Using Emacs (in its own X Window) on the Linux box. I intermittently
    get the above error message which crashes the Emacs X Window.

    Thanks for any help you can give me with this problem,

  2. Re: X Protocol Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) on protocol request 38

    sarahd00d@yahoo.co.uk (sarah chang) wrote in
    news:24d1fc75.0404131132.2b9e8e1b@posting.google.c om:
    > I'm using Cygwin's X server (latest version) to log into a Linux box.
    > Using Emacs (in its own X Window) on the Linux box. I intermittently
    > get the above error message which crashes the Emacs X Window.

    That is usually a bug in the application. My web site has a copy of my
    tutorial on debugging protocol error messages.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

  3. Re: X Protocol Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) on protocol request 38

    Ken Lee wrote in message news:...
    > sarahd00d@yahoo.co.uk (sarah chang) wrote in
    > news:24d1fc75.0404131132.2b9e8e1b@posting.google.c om:
    > > I'm using Cygwin's X server (latest version) to log into a Linux box.
    > > Using Emacs (in its own X Window) on the Linux box. I intermittently
    > > get the above error message which crashes the Emacs X Window.

    > That is usually a bug in the application. My web site has a copy of my
    > tutorial on debugging protocol error messages.
    >
    > Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

    Thanks. I managed to solve the problem by putting

    ForwardX11Trusted yes

    in my ssh config file.