effect of AV scans on OS - Xwindows

This is a discussion on effect of AV scans on OS - Xwindows ; A programmer friend says that frequent use of anti-virus scans negatively affects my OS, Windows XP. If you are knowledgable about this, please let me know what you know. Thanks. ----- William Sault...

  1. effect of AV scans on OS

    A programmer friend says that frequent use of anti-virus scans
    negatively affects my OS, Windows XP. If you are knowledgable about
    this, please let me know what you know. Thanks. ----- William Sault

  2. Re: effect of AV scans on OS

  3. Re: effect of AV scans on OS

    In comp.windows.x, William Sault

    wrote
    on 4 Apr 2004 17:29:04 -0700
    <7c2f1929.0404041629.1757a639@posting.google.com>:
    > A programmer friend says that frequent use of anti-virus scans
    > negatively affects my OS, Windows XP. If you are knowledgable about
    > this, please let me know what you know. Thanks. ----- William Sault

    Sorry wrong newsgroup; this is for the X Windows System (originally
    from the MIT Athena project), not Microsoft Windows XP.

    However, frequent virus scans may slow down things. :-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

+ Reply to Thread