XP scheduled backup fails to run - Xwindows

This is a discussion on XP scheduled backup fails to run - Xwindows ; Please excuse any goofs. I am new at posting. I'm just really stuck for an answer. Using ntbackup.exe in WinXP PRO I created a job and scheduled it. I tested the job by setting the time just for a few ...

  1. XP scheduled backup fails to run

    Please excuse any goofs. I am new at posting. I'm just really stuck
    for an answer.

    Using ntbackup.exe in WinXP PRO I created a job and scheduled it. I
    tested the job by setting the time just for a few minutes ahead and
    the job runs succesfully. When I reset the time within Scheduled Tasks
    for the job to run atlater at night the job fails with this error in
    the backup report:

    The saved selection file "NT\NTBackup\data\backup.bks" cannot be found

    Nothing else seems to be running at that time but Symantec Auto
    detect.
    I have seen similar posts on this issue but without a resolution. Any
    help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: XP scheduled backup fails to run

+ Reply to Thread