Using PVM under XP - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Using PVM under XP - Xwindows ; Hello- Not sure if this is the right area to post in, but: We're trying to install PVM on an XP system. However, what seems to be happening is that the pvm daemon won't spawn off daughter processes when asked ...

  1. Using PVM under XP

    Hello-

    Not sure if this is the right area to post in, but:

    We're trying to install PVM on an XP system. However, what
    seems to be happening is that the pvm daemon won't spawn off
    daughter processes when asked to do so. Note that the pvm is
    installed under an account with administrator privs.

    This was not a problem when we were running under NT4SP6.

    Version of PVM is 3.4.3 .

    If anyone has an idea on what the problem might be, I'd really
    appreciate it.

    Thanks in advance,

    Bruce Hedley
    AECL Research
    Chalk River Labs
    613-584-8811 x5999

  2. Re: Using PVM under XP

    Bruce Hedley wrote:
    > Hello-
    >
    > Not sure if this is the right area to post in, but:
    >
    > We're trying to install PVM on an XP system.

    [snip]

    I'm sorry, but this forum can't help you.

    You see, the comp.windows.x forum is for the discussion of the X network
    protocol, and the graphical windowing environments that use it. This
    forum has nothing to do with Microsoft Windows except perhaps discussing
    X implementations on that platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with X, and probably should be asked in
    one of the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    I'm sorry,

    --
    Lew Pitcher, IT Consultant, Enterprise Application Architecture