Cursor - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Cursor - Xwindows ; I have been away from X for several years and have forgotten many things. I have a linux cluster and need to diable, not display, or make transparent all the cursors on the multi-display powerwall. Can I do this in ...

  1. Cursor

    I have been away from X for several years and have
    forgotten many things.

    I have a linux cluster and need to diable, not display, or
    make transparent all the cursors on the multi-display powerwall.

    Can I do this in an .xinitrc? And what is the variable and value to set?

    Thank you,
    Marsha

  2. Re: Cursor

    boggs@lanl.gov (Marsha Boggs) wrote in message news:<5046e0ed.0403021208.39c312af@posting.google.com>...
    > I have been away from X for several years and have
    > forgotten many things.
    >
    > I have a linux cluster and need to diable, not display, or
    > make transparent all the cursors on the multi-display powerwall.
    >
    > Can I do this in an .xinitrc? And what is the variable and value to set?

    Try unclutter. It is available, in source form, at

    ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/utilities/

    --- Casantos

  3. Re: Cursor

    boggs@lanl.gov (Marsha Boggs) writes:

    > I have been away from X for several years and have
    > forgotten many things.
    >
    > I have a linux cluster and need to diable, not display, or
    > make transparent all the cursors on the multi-display powerwall.
    >
    > Can I do this in an .xinitrc?

    Yes, use the command "xsetroot -cursor" with a transparent mask as an
    argument. Se the man-page for details.

    --
    - Mårten

    mail: msv@kth.se *** ICQ: 4356928 *** mobile: +46 (0)707390385