help with xterm - Xwindows

This is a discussion on help with xterm - Xwindows ; I'm trying to keep end users from closing their xterm windows using the main menu 'close alt+f4' option in a database app. We are running on a Solaris 8 system. I've tried the following: xterm -xrm "Xterm*signalInhibit: true" This doesn't ...

  1. help with xterm

    I'm trying to keep end users from closing their xterm windows using the
    main menu 'close alt+f4' option in a database app. We are running on a
    Solaris 8 system. I've tried the following:

    xterm -xrm "Xterm*signalInhibit: true"

    This doesn't seem to work or I'm not doing something correctly. Is there
    some other way to block users from closing an xterm this way?

    Thanks for your help.
    Alex Biamonte
    Interline

  2. Re: help with xterm

    Alex Biamonte wrote:
    > I'm trying to keep end users from closing their xterm windows using the
    > main menu 'close alt+f4' option in a database app. We are running on a
    > Solaris 8 system. I've tried the following:

    > xterm -xrm "Xterm*signalInhibit: true"

    It's probably broken - see

    http://invisible-island.net/xterm/xt...html#xterm_175

    --