XP Pro Slow Bootup, Floppy Disk reading - Xwindows

This is a discussion on XP Pro Slow Bootup, Floppy Disk reading - Xwindows ; Whenever I start my computer, it will get to the windows desktop pretty quickly, but then i have to wait for about 30 - 45 seconds for anything to respond on the taskbar, or for any of the icon to ...

  1. XP Pro Slow Bootup, Floppy Disk reading

    Whenever I start my computer, it will get to the windows desktop
    pretty quickly, but then i have to wait for about 30 - 45 seconds for
    anything to respond on the taskbar, or for any of the icon to load
    when double clicked. What happens is the floppy disk drive tries 2
    times to read, with a long pause in between. With any disk in
    (including startup disk) it doesn't speed up the process. How can I
    stop it doing this? Also installing SP1 didnt solve the problem.

    Ed

  2. Re: XP Pro Slow Bootup, Floppy Disk reading

    Edward wrote:

    > Whenever I start my computer, it will get to the windows desktop

    [snip]

    I'm sorry, but this forum can't help you.

    You see, the comp.windows.x forum is for the discussion of the X network
    protocol, and the graphical windowing environments that use it. This
    forum has nothing to do with Microsoft Windows except perhaps discussing
    X implementations on that platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with X, and probably should be asked in
    one of the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    I'm sorry,

    --
    Lew Pitcher, IT Consultant, Enterprise Application Architecture