Bedevilling Rectangle Error Messages - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Bedevilling Rectangle Error Messages - Xwindows ; In starting my computer, I get messages referring to 'Windows cannot find - (then appears 7 rectangles, followed by a space, then 14 rectangles). 'Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again. To search for a file, click ...

  1. Bedevilling Rectangle Error Messages

    In starting my computer, I get messages referring to 'Windows cannot
    find - (then appears 7 rectangles, followed by a space, then 14
    rectangles). 'Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again.
    To search for a file, click the Start button, then press Search.'(When
    I haven't searched for anything!)
    Other error messages ensue with reference to these weird
    rectangles. Any ideas, please?!! thanking you - from Tom Phillips

  2. Re: Bedevilling Rectangle Error Messages

    On 9 Feb 2004 01:09:32 -0800, tomphillips@shaw.ca (Tom Phillips) wrote:

    >In starting my computer, I get messages referring to 'Windows cannot
    >find - (then appears 7 rectangles, followed by a space, then 14

    [snip]

    Sorry, but we can't help you here.

    The subject of the comp.windows.x newsgroup is the X network protocol, and
    the graphical windowing systems that use it. As such, this newsgroup does
    not have anything to do with Microsoft Windows except for discussing
    implementations of X on that platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with the X protocol or it's supporting
    applications. You probably should ask in one of the comp.os.ms-windows.*
    newsgroups to get a proper answer.

    Sorry.

    --
    Lew Pitcher
    IT Consultant, Enterprise Technology Solutions