WinXP 1 min. Shutdown, acts like Blast but Blast not present. Thoughts? - Xwindows

This is a discussion on WinXP 1 min. Shutdown, acts like Blast but Blast not present. Thoughts? - Xwindows ; Okay I've scanned around 275 previous articles here and do not see this particular issue being addressed. My apologies if I have missed it. Running WIN XP Pro. Symantec Anti-virus Corp. Edition installed and running. RPC fix from MS installed. ...

  1. WinXP 1 min. Shutdown, acts like Blast but Blast not present. Thoughts?

    Okay I've scanned around 275 previous articles here and do not see
    this particular issue being addressed. My apologies if I have missed
    it.

    Running WIN XP Pro. Symantec Anti-virus Corp. Edition installed and
    running. RPC fix from MS installed. Poured over all registry keys, no
    sign of blast worm running. However...system is "infrequently" giving
    the NT authority shutdown error well known with blaster. System is net
    connected 24/7 on cable.
    So no explanation as to why it is not happening "all" the time.

    Current Symantec blast removal found nothing.
    Could this be a variant as yet unknown?...or maybe another problem
    altogether.

    Your thoughts and suggestions much appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Hek

  2. Re: WinXP 1 min. Shutdown, acts like Blast but Blast not present.Thoughts?

    Hekate wrote:

    > Okay I've scanned around 275 previous articles here and do not see
    > this particular issue being addressed. My apologies if I have missed
    > it.

    You may have "scanned" previous articles here, but you didn't do a very good
    job of determining the topicality of those articles. Your post is off topic
    here, and this forum can't help you resolve your problem.

    The comp.windows.x forum is for the discussion of the X network protocol,
    and the graphical windowing environments that use it. This forum has nothing
    to do with Microsoft Windows except perhaps discussing X implementations on
    that platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with X, and probably should be asked in one
    of the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    I'm sorry,