Wireless Keyboard Oddity - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Wireless Keyboard Oddity - Xwindows ; hello, i hooked up a wireless keyboard to my freebsd machine and it works fine, that is, until i start my x server. then each key pressed on the keyboard outputs a pair of characters, lliikkee tthhiiss. i'm running xfree86, ...

  1. Wireless Keyboard Oddity

    hello,

    i hooked up a wireless keyboard to my freebsd machine and it works
    fine, that is, until i start my x server. then each key pressed on
    the keyboard outputs a pair of characters, lliikkee tthhiiss. i'm
    running xfree86, and i've tried different window managers and all are
    affected. any suggestions?

  2. Re: Wireless Keyboard Oddity

    ok, i answered my question below but of course this leads to another
    one. it seems that when xkb is disabled the problem disappears, or at
    least is greatly diminished. the keyboard still gives me occasional
    incorrect characters, and some of them in rapid succession. so, are
    there problems with disabling xkb? other ways to modify the way the
    keyboard sends information?

    thanks in advance,