Problem pc 100% cpu usage - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Problem pc 100% cpu usage - Xwindows ; Problem on my desk-top hp Pavilion ze 4300 - windows xp home: The processor works 100% , even if no program is running. The pc is warming and quickly becomes very slow and get blocked. Fixing trials: Norton 2004 did ...

  1. Problem pc 100% cpu usage

    Problem on my desk-top hp Pavilion ze 4300 - windows xp home:
    The processor works 100% , even if no program is running.
    The pc is warming and quickly becomes very slow and get blocked.
    Fixing trials: Norton 2004 did not work. MacAfee did not detect any virus.
    we installed windoxs xp pro (instead of xp home) and nothing
    changed

  2. Re: Problem pc 100% cpu usage

    In comp.windows.x, billy

    wrote
    on 25 Jan 2004 12:19:11 -0800
    :
    > Problem on my desk-top hp Pavilion ze 4300 - windows xp home:
    > The processor works 100% , even if no program is running.
    > The pc is warming and quickly becomes very slow and get blocked.
    > Fixing trials: Norton 2004 did not work. MacAfee did not detect any virus.
    > we installed windoxs xp pro (instead of xp home) and nothing
    > changed

    Wrong newsgroup; this NG relates to X11 / The X Window System.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

  3. Re: Problem pc 100% cpu usage

    On 25 Jan 2004 12:19:11 -0800, flodumas2@wanadoo.fr (billy) wrote:

    >Problem on my desk-top hp Pavilion ze 4300 - windows xp home:

    [snip]

    Sorry, but we can't help you here.

    The subject of the comp.windows.x newsgroup is the X network protocol, and
    the graphical windowing systems that use it. As such, this newsgroup does
    not have anything to do with Microsoft Windows except for discussing
    implementations of X on that platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with the X protocol or it's supporting
    applications. You probably should ask in one of the comp.os.ms-windows.*
    newsgroups to get a proper answer.

    Sorry.

    --
    Lew Pitcher
    IT Consultant, Enterprise Technology Solutions