PropertyNotify event - Xwindows

This is a discussion on PropertyNotify event - Xwindows ; Hello, Does PropertyNotify event propagate up the window tree ? Can I just select this event on the root window and get PropertyNotify events for all the windows whose property has changed . Regards Kanchan...

  1. PropertyNotify event

    Hello,

    Does PropertyNotify event propagate up the window tree ?
    Can I just select this event on the root window and get PropertyNotify events
    for all the windows whose property has changed .

    Regards
    Kanchan

  2. Re: PropertyNotify event

    vasant wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >Does PropertyNotify event propagate up the window tree ?
    >Can I just select this event on the root window and get PropertyNotify events
    >for all the windows whose property has changed .
    >
    >Regards
    >Kanchan

    No.

    This upward propagation only applies to device events, like the keyboard
    or mouse. Also, the propagation stops if any window accepts or discards
    the event.

    You can monitor or trace PropertyNotify with the record extension, but
    this not something that a `normal' application would do.

+ Reply to Thread