X11 Text with transparent background - Xwindows

This is a discussion on X11 Text with transparent background - Xwindows ; Hi All, I am new to X11 and I need to write text with XDrawImageString into a window. The window has a pixmap background. The XDrawImageString function uses the GC component background. I trying to set the background to None ...

  1. X11 Text with transparent background

    Hi All,
    I am new to X11 and I need to write text with XDrawImageString into a
    window. The window has a pixmap background. The XDrawImageString
    function uses the GC component background. I trying to set the
    background to None with "XChangeGC(display, gc, valuemask, values);",
    but that is black.

    I don't know what is the correct way to write text with transparent
    background.

    Could you please help me ? Thanx Frank

  2. Re: X11 Text with transparent background

    Frank Salomon wrote:

    > I don't know what is the correct way to write text with transparent
    > background.

    XDrawString

    Regards,
    Daniel

  3. Re: X11 Text with transparent background

    Frank Salomon wrote:
    > What is the correct way to write text with transparent background.

    Use XDrawString() instead of XDrawImageString().

  4. Re: X11 Text with transparent background

    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

+ Reply to Thread