disable keys in X - Xwindows

This is a discussion on disable keys in X - Xwindows ; Hi, How to disable the ALT+TAB key in X-windows ?. I do not want users can switch between apps with the ALT+TAB key. regards Johan...

  1. disable keys in X

    Hi,

    How to disable the ALT+TAB key in X-windows ?. I do not want users can
    switch between apps with the ALT+TAB key.

    regards Johan

  2. Re: disable keys in X

    "JdB" writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > How to disable the ALT+TAB key in X-windows ?. I do not want users can
    > switch between apps with the ALT+TAB key.

    That depends entirely on which window manager you use.

    Let's say you run CDE, then you use dtwm as your window manager. In
    that case you should copy /usr/dt/config/$LANG/sys.dtwmrc to
    /etc/dt/config/$LANG/sys.dtwmrc while commenting out the row

    AltTab root|icon|window f.next_key

    Read the manual page for dtwm for details.

    --
    - Mårten

    mail: msv@kth.se *** ICQ: 4356928 *** mobile: +46 (0)707390385

  3. Re: disable keys in X

    In comp.windows.x, JdB

    wrote
    on Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:57:15 +0100
    <100qge8folb7ob8@corp.supernews.com>:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How to disable the ALT+TAB key in X-windows ?. I do not want users can
    > switch between apps with the ALT+TAB key.
    >
    > regards Johan

    If you're actually referring to Ctrl-Alt-Backspace,
    which kills the X server (presumably, one doesn't want
    users to do that either, if the system's on a kiosk!),
    the "DontZap" option should do. There's also a "DontZoom"
    which disables Ctrl-Alt-+ and Ctrl-Alt--.

    'man XF86Config-4' for details on these and other options.

    Not quite what you want, admittedly -- but I think ALT+TAB
    is primarily handled by the window manager. Which window manager
    are you using?

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

+ Reply to Thread