deleted file still open - Xwindows

This is a discussion on deleted file still open - Xwindows ; While logging on to my networkdrive, everything seems oké: reading & writing works. But when I want to make my files available off-line, XP gives as error that a file is still open, it is impossible to make the other ...

  1. deleted file still open

    While logging on to my networkdrive, everything seems oké: reading &
    writing works. But when I want to make my files available off-line, XP
    gives as error that a file is still open, it is impossible to make the
    other files available off-line and the networkdrive will not
    synchronize. The file in question is not visible when I just mount the
    networkdrive: I deleted is some days ago. But after the error, this
    file is the only one that (seems to) synchronize and it appears in
    explorer. I cannot delete or open it. What to do?

  2. Re: deleted file still open

    Wouter wrote:
    > While logging on to my networkdrive, everything seems oké: reading &
    > writing works. But when I want to make my files available off-line, XP
    > gives as error that a file is still open,

    [snip]

    I'm sorry, but this forum can't help you.

    You see, the comp.windows.x forum is for the discussion of the X network
    protocol, and the graphical windowing environments that use it. This forum
    has nothing to do with Microsoft Windows except perhaps discussing X
    implementations on that platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with X, and probably should be asked in one
    of the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    I'm sorry,