I'm upgrading to Windows XP and have a few questions... - Xwindows

This is a discussion on I'm upgrading to Windows XP and have a few questions... - Xwindows ; Hi. I have a few doubts about upgrading to Windows XP from Windows Me, so if any of you could help me, it would be really nice. I moved my files from my session to the C:/My documents folder. Will ...

  1. I'm upgrading to Windows XP and have a few questions...

    Hi.
    I have a few doubts about upgrading to Windows XP from Windows Me, so
    if any of you could help me, it would be really nice.

    I moved my files from my session to the C:/My documents folder. Will
    they be erased when I run the installation program? What about other
    files in other folders? Will they be erased too? It also seems like
    there will be trouble with my modem, a HSP56 MR, I already downloaded
    a driver for Windows XP, but I'm afraid that if anything goes wrong, I
    won't be able to get online after the upgrade. What about my Antivirus
    program? It's Norton 2003. Will I have to reinstall it?

    These are the things that come into my mind right now, so if any of
    you could give me info or tips, I would be really thankful.

    Kate

  2. Re: I'm upgrading to Windows XP and have a few questions...

    Kate wrote:
    > Hi.
    > I have a few doubts about upgrading to Windows XP from Windows Me, so
    > if any of you could help me, it would be really nice.

    [snip]

    I'm sorry, but this forum can't help you.

    You see, the comp.windows.x forum is for the discussion of the X network
    protocol,
    and the graphical windowing environments that use it. This forum has nothing
    to do
    with Microsoft Windows except perhaps discussing X implementations on that
    platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with X, and probably should be asked in one
    of the
    comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    I'm sorry,