Windows XP Startup Problem - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Windows XP Startup Problem - Xwindows ; I started having a problem recently with Windows XP-Home, which I've had for over a year, that I can't trace back to a source. It takes much longer to fully boot up, and my announcement sound, which used to play ...

  1. Windows XP Startup Problem

    I started having a problem recently with Windows XP-Home, which I've had for
    over a year, that I can't trace back to a source.

    It takes much longer to fully boot up, and my announcement sound, which used
    to play as Windows was being displayed, plays a few minutes after all other
    startup programs have appaently started. If I try to launch any program too
    early it gets hung up until the startup anouncement plays. Then everything
    is OK!

    I've Defragged the disk with Norton Utilities 2002 Speed Disk, and have run
    Their WinDoctor program as well. Should I run the Windows System
    Configuration Utility too, or might it be something much simpler?

    Thank you,
    Bruce

  2. Re: Windows XP Startup Problem

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:15:40 GMT, "Bruce Acciavatti" wrote:

    >I started having a problem recently with Windows XP-Home, which I've had for
    >over a year, that I can't trace back to a source.

    [snip]

    Sorry, but we can't help you here.

    The subject of the comp.windows.x newsgroup is the X network protocol, and
    the graphical windowing systems that use it. As such, this newsgroup does
    not have anything to do with Microsoft Windows except for discussing
    implementations of X on that platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with the X protocol or it's supporting
    applications. You probably should ask in one of the comp.os.ms-windows.*
    newsgroups to get a proper answer.

    Sorry.

    --
    Lew Pitcher
    IT Consultant, Enterprise Technology Solutions