QT deadlock after 'X Error - name or color or font does not exist' --- ASAP!!! - Xwindows

This is a discussion on QT deadlock after 'X Error - name or color or font does not exist' --- ASAP!!! - Xwindows ; Hi all, I have a graphic application based on Trolltech QT library running on SCO Open server. Lately the customer started to expiriance problem with the application. The application stack goes all the way down to the QT library basic ...

  1. QT deadlock after 'X Error - name or color or font does not exist' --- ASAP!!!

    Hi all,

    I have a graphic application based on Trolltech QT library running on
    SCO Open server.

    Lately the customer started to expiriance problem with the
    application.

    The application stack goes all the way down to the QT library basic
    functions
    and then the application stop responding to evens (dead-lock).

    0# _r_select ()
    1# _XWaitForReadable ()
    2# _XRead ()
    3# _XReply ()
    4# XLookupColor ()
    5# QColor::setSystemNamedColor ()
    6# QColor::setNamedColor ()
    7# QColor::QColor ()
    9# < My function update the GUI >

    The X Server print the following message:
    ' X Error: Bdname (name or color or font does not exist) 15 major
    opcode:92 record id : 0x1800099 '

    Another thing I noted was that the deadlock never happen when the SCO
    display is active.

    The only time this error occure is when the SCO is left for long
    period and the display enter the power save mode.

    Idea - anyone ???

  2. Re: QT deadlock after 'X Error - name or color or font does not exist' --- ASAP!!!

    Shamir wrote:

    > The only time this error occure is when the SCO is left for long
    > period and the display enter the power save mode.

    I normally wouldn't answer a question like this since I have no experience
    with SCO stuff and am just speculating.

    Since this only happens when the machine goes into power save mode, it seems
    to me like it's an internal SCO X server bug or an internal SCO power save
    bug. I run Qt apps on my Mandrake machine for weeks at a time. If you
    count KDE itself, which is Qt based naturally, then I run Qt apps for
    months at a time. My machine goes in and out of power save mode several
    times a day with no problems.

  3. Re: QT deadlock after 'X Error - name or color or font does not exist' --- ASAP!!!

    Thanks,

    I checked the source code and in my source code there is no jump to
    QColor::QColor() function.

    The object (status) do hold some QColor pointers but uses these
    pointers only at the creation (ctor).

    I guess the problem was memory overrun that cause one of the other
    poiners in the function to point to the QColor default ctor.

    Same as you - I don't suspect in QT (and not in SCO).

    Thanks a lot,
    Shamir.

    > I normally wouldn't answer a question like this since I have no experience
    > with SCO stuff and am just speculating.
    >
    > Since this only happens when the machine goes into power save mode, it seems
    > to me like it's an internal SCO X server bug or an internal SCO power save
    > bug. I run Qt apps on my Mandrake machine for weeks at a time. If you
    > count KDE itself, which is Qt based naturally, then I run Qt apps for
    > months at a time. My machine goes in and out of power save mode several
    > times a day with no problems.

+ Reply to Thread