how to find which area of the display has changed ? - Xwindows

This is a discussion on how to find which area of the display has changed ? - Xwindows ; Hi, I am new to Xwindows based programming. I have a requirement where I have to find which area of the screen(display area) has changed, so that I can get the contents of that area. That is,of the entire area ...

  1. how to find which area of the display has changed ?

    Hi,
    I am new to Xwindows based programming. I have a requirement where
    I have to find which area of the screen(display area) has changed, so
    that I can get the contents of that area. That is,of the entire area
    displayed on a monitor, only a small portion of it has changed. I want
    to be able to find out the smallest unit of the area that has changed
    and then somehow find the contents of that area. Please suggest how I
    go abuot doing it.

    thanks a mil
    'j'

  2. Re: how to find which area of the display has changed ?

    jamesjose@yeayea.com (james jose) wrote in news:3ffeaa38.0312170306.5e269e96
    @posting.google.com:
    > I am new to Xwindows based programming. I have a requirement where
    > I have to find which area of the screen(display area) has changed, so
    > that I can get the contents of that area.

    What do you mean by "changed"? The X server reports areas that need to be
    updated (exposure events, etc.). There is no way to tell if another
    application has drawn into a particular part of the screen.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

+ Reply to Thread