XPutImage crashes application - Xwindows

This is a discussion on XPutImage crashes application - Xwindows ; Dear all, I am trying to update an X program originally written for 8-bit pseudo color device to run on 24-bit device. I have partly come my way through this but I still have some trouble. The application is crashing ...

  1. XPutImage crashes application

    Dear all,

    I am trying to update an X program originally written for 8-bit
    pseudo color device to run on 24-bit device. I have partly come my way
    through this but I still have some trouble. The application is crashing
    when running an XPutImage() instruction.

    Does anyone knows about any diagnostic tools/instructions I could use
    in order to understand what is wrong?

    Sincerely
    Patrick Guio

  2. Re: XPutImage crashes application

    In comp.windows.x, Patrick Guio

    wrote
    on Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:59:14 +0100
    :

    > Dear all,
    >
    > I am trying to update an X program originally written for 8-bit
    > pseudo color device to run on 24-bit device. I have partly come my way
    > through this but I still have some trouble. The application is crashing
    > when running an XPutImage() instruction.
    >
    > Does anyone knows about any diagnostic tools/instructions I could use
    > in order to understand what is wrong?
    >
    > Sincerely
    > Patrick Guio

    The most likely cause is a depth mismatch.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

+ Reply to Thread