VNC - Xwindows

This is a discussion on VNC - Xwindows ; Hello, All: I am contemplating getting VNC software; Can anyone tell me if he/she has experience with VNC? What I want to do is bring the GNOME desktop, from a remote Solaris 9 box and have it transported onto my ...

  1. VNC

    Hello, All:

    I am contemplating getting VNC software; Can anyone tell me if he/she
    has experience with VNC? What I want to do is bring the GNOME desktop,
    from a remote Solaris 9 box and have it transported onto my Windows XP
    box. What are the procedures in setting up VNC, that would enable me
    to do remote log into the Solaris box, sitting pretty up there in
    Michigan? Thanks.

  2. Re: VNC

    dominick@cyberspace.org (Dominick DiMantova) writes:

    > I am contemplating getting VNC software; Can anyone tell me if he/she
    > has experience with VNC? What I want to do is bring the GNOME desktop,
    > from a remote Solaris 9 box and have it transported onto my Windows XP
    > box. What are the procedures in setting up VNC, that would enable me
    > to do remote log into the Solaris box, sitting pretty up there in
    > Michigan?

    There are lot of documentation laying around, here are some for starters
    http://www.linux-mag.com/2000-11/desktop_01.html
    http://www.realvnc.com/documentation.html

    --
    - Mårten