8-bit pseudo color app on a 24-bit device - Xwindows

This is a discussion on 8-bit pseudo color app on a 24-bit device - Xwindows ; Dear all, I am running fvwm under RH9 with 24-bit device and I have an X application which complains that it "must be run on an 8-bit pseudo color device." I wonder whether this is a way to run this ...

  1. 8-bit pseudo color app on a 24-bit device

    Dear all,

    I am running fvwm under RH9 with 24-bit device and I have an X application
    which complains that it "must be run on an 8-bit pseudo color device."

    I wonder whether this is a way to run this X application that has been
    compiled for an 8-bit pseudo color device on a 24-bit device anyway?

    I have the source code as well so I might be able to set up in the code
    but I don't know where? So if someone could tell what kind of X routine
    calls I should look for?

    Sincerely,

    Patrick Guio

  2. Re: 8-bit pseudo color app on a 24-bit device

    Patrick Guio wrote in
    news:Pine.GSO.4.58.0312101753400.3770@aurora.uio.n o:
    > I have the source code as well so I might be able to set up in the code
    > but I don't know where? So if someone could tell what kind of X routine
    > calls I should look for?

    Look for code dealing with visual types and colormaps.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

+ Reply to Thread