Word won't run on XP - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Word won't run on XP - Xwindows ; Hi guys, I'm new here, got a question about Winword for XP I have on my PC. I'm running Windows XP prfoessional on a home PC, and have had trouble getting a version of Word I installed to open (it's ...

  1. Word won't run on XP

    Hi guys, I'm new here, got a question about Winword for XP I have on
    my PC. I'm running Windows XP prfoessional on a home PC, and have had
    trouble getting a version of Word I installed to open (it's Word for
    XP). When I click I get,
    "the operating system is not presently configured to run this
    application". I'm only semi computer literate; any hints as to how to
    reconfigure properly?
    many thanks,
    batty

  2. Re: Word won't run on XP

    andrewbatterham@hotmail.com (batty) writes:

    > Hi guys, I'm new here, got a question about Winword for XP I have on

    Take it elsewhere, this group is not about Microsoft Windows.

  3. Re: Word won't run on XP

    batty wrote:
    > Hi guys, I'm new here, got a question about Winword for XP I have on
    > my PC.

    [snip]

    Sorry, but we can't help you here.

    The subject of the comp.windows.x newsgroup is the X network protocol, and
    the graphical windowing systems that use it. As such, this newsgroup does
    not have anything to do with Microsoft Windows except for discussing
    implementations of X on that platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with the X protocol or it's supporting
    applications. You probably should ask in one of the comp.os.ms-windows.*
    newsgroups to get a proper answer.

    Sorry.