Windows Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer crashing - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Windows Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer crashing - Xwindows ; My Windows Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer keep on crashing. All the other programs on my pc are fine except for these two. I am running W2K SP4. I initially thought that it could be SP4 but it does exactly ...

  1. Windows Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer crashing

    My Windows Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer keep on crashing.
    All the other programs on my pc are fine except for these two. I am
    running W2K SP4.
    I initially thought that it could be SP4 but it does exactly the same
    on SP3. I got ride of Symantec software and replaced this by McAfee
    without any result. I also reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled
    W2K but this did not help either.
    Anyone any ideas ?

  2. Re: Windows Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer crashing

    On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 03:52:34 -0800, bas alberink wrote:

    > My Windows Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer keep on crashing.
    > All the other programs on my pc are fine except for these two. I am
    > running W2K SP4.

    Sorry- I doubt that you will get answers here, as this group is about the
    x windows system (which are found on *nix platforms), not with MS windows.

    Check out the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups- they should be of more help
    for you.

  3. Re: Windows Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer crashing

    Xslf wrote in message news:...
    > On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 03:52:34 -0800, bas alberink wrote:
    >
    > > My Windows Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer keep on crashing.
    > > All the other programs on my pc are fine except for these two. I am
    > > running W2K SP4.

    > Sorry- I doubt that you will get answers here, as this group is about the
    > x windows system (which are found on *nix platforms), not with MS windows.
    >
    > Check out the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups- they should be of more help
    > for you.

    Thanks for the tip. I have now posted the message in that newsgroup.

  4. Re: Windows Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer crashing

    bas75@o2.co.uk (bas alberink) wrote:
    > My Windows Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer keep on crashing.
    > All the other programs on my pc are fine except for these two. I am
    > running W2K SP4.
    > I initially thought that it could be SP4 but it does exactly the same
    > on SP3. I got ride of Symantec software and replaced this by McAfee
    > without any result. I also reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled
    > W2K but this did not help either.
    > Anyone any ideas ?

    Not likely in this newsgroup.

    This newsgroup is intended for discussions of the X Window System,
    which is quite distinct from Microsoft Windows. I do not believe that
    Microsoft sells a version of X.

    You might instead want to look for a newsgroup for Microsoft Windows.
    --
    "cbbrowne","@","cbbrowne.com"
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/x.html

+ Reply to Thread