Windows XP Professional Installation Questions - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Windows XP Professional Installation Questions - Xwindows ; I am thinking about using a friend's XP Pro disk and activation key to install the OS to a new 120 GB HDD. Are there any problems with doing this? What problems might I run into and how can I ...

  1. Windows XP Professional Installation Questions

    I am thinking about using a friend's XP Pro disk and activation key to
    install the OS to a new 120 GB HDD. Are there any problems with doing
    this? What problems might I run into and how can I circumvent them?

  2. Re: Windows XP Professional Installation Questions

    In comp.windows.x, SylkTyrant

    wrote
    on 4 Dec 2003 19:31:17 -0800
    <8890afc9.0312041931.4b2508b8@posting.google.com>:
    > I am thinking about using a friend's XP Pro disk and activation key to
    > install the OS to a new 120 GB HDD. Are there any problems with doing
    > this? What problems might I run into and how can I circumvent them?

    [1] Wrong newsgroup; this is for the X Windows System.

    [2] This sounds illegal; are you sure you really want to do this? :-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

  3. Re: Windows XP Professional Installation Questions

    SylkTyrant wrote:
    > I am thinking about using a friend's XP Pro

    [snip]

    I'm sorry, but you'll not get much help from this newsgroup.

    You see, comp.windows.x takes as it's topic the X network protocol and the
    graphical windowing environments that use it. Comp.windows.x has nothing to do
    with Microsoft Windows, except for (perhaps) discussing X implementations
    under that platform.

    Your question is off-topic here, and probably should be asked in one of the
    comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    Sorry,

    --
    Lew Pitcher

    Master Codewright and JOAT-in-training