Windows Xp hangs - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Windows Xp hangs - Xwindows ; Hello, Thank to all the people out there who help others like me. I have a ibm laptop whose configuration is Pentium M 1.6 Ram 512 Hard disk 80Gb loaded with WIn XP Prof. When ever i do some minor ...

  1. Windows Xp hangs

    Hello,
    Thank to all the people out there who help others like me.
    I have a ibm laptop whose configuration is Pentium M 1.6 Ram 512 Hard
    disk 80Gb loaded with WIn XP Prof. When ever i do some minor changes
    in my program files and then press the hide the contents and press the
    up button and thenin the main folder i repeat the same in the main
    folder it hangs. Other programs all work well even though it hangs. A
    similar thing happens when i do to the control panels folder. I do not
    do any major changes.
    I have reformatted and and done a clean installation many times.
    Please help me
    Thanking you in advance for the trouble taken.
    Surya Chundru

  2. Re: Windows Xp hangs

    Surya wrote:

    > Hello,
    > Thank to all the people out there who help others like me.
    > I have a ibm laptop whose configuration is Pentium M 1.6 Ram 512 Hard
    > disk 80Gb loaded with WIn XP Prof.

    [snip]

    I'm sorry, but this forum can't help you.

    You see, the comp.windows.x forum is for the discussion of the X network
    protocol, and the graphical windowing environments that use it. This forum
    has nothing to do with Microsoft Windows except perhaps discussing X
    implementations on that platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with X, and probably should be asked in one
    of the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    I'm sorry,