FvwmMe Released!! - Xwindows

This is a discussion on FvwmMe Released!! - Xwindows ; Hello, my name is Hiroshi Nishida. I have created 'fvwmme' which is a Win Me lookalike window manager based on fvwm95. The web site is here: http://www.csupomona.edu/~hnishida/fvwmme Please try it!! I added the following functions to fvwm95; *Desktop Icons *Gradated ...

  1. FvwmMe Released!!

    Hello, my name is Hiroshi Nishida.

    I have created 'fvwmme' which is a Win Me lookalike window manager based on
    fvwm95.

    The web site is here:

    http://www.csupomona.edu/~hnishida/fvwmme

    Please try it!!

    I added the following functions to fvwm95;

    *Desktop Icons
    *Gradated title bars
    *Colorful icons (most of them are KDE or KDE-crystal's)

    Please let me know your impressions!!

    Thank you.

    --
    Hiroshi Nishida
    hnishida@csupomona.edu

  2. Re: FvwmMe Released!!

    nishidafmly@aol.com (Nishidafmly) writes:

    > Hello, my name is Hiroshi Nishida.
    >
    > I have created 'fvwmme' which is a Win Me lookalike window manager based on
    > fvwm95.
    >
    > The web site is here:
    >
    > http://www.csupomona.edu/~hnishida/fvwmme
    >
    > Please try it!!
    >
    > I added the following functions to fvwm95;
    >
    > *Desktop Icons
    > *Gradated title bars
    > *Colorful icons (most of them are KDE or KDE-crystal's)
    >
    > Please let me know your impressions!!

    Fvwm95 is very old and not very actively maintained.
    I think you would have been better off developing an Fvwm theme.
    For example, here is an win98 theme:

    http://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/s.../redmond98.png

    All the work (like gradients) is already done for you.

  3. Re: FvwmMe Released!!

    This is Hiroshi.

    Dan Espen wrote:

    > I think you would have been better off developing
    > an Fvwm theme.

    Thank you for your advice.
    Actually, I didn't know much about fvwm themes.

    However, there are some functions which I want to implement and are like to be
    not implemented by fvwm.

    Anyway, I have to think about it.

    Thank you.

    --
    Hiroshi Nishida
    hnishida@csupomona.edu

  4. Re: FvwmMe Released!!

    nishidafmly@aol.com (Nishidafmly) writes:

    > This is Hiroshi.
    >
    > Dan Espen wrote:
    >
    >> I think you would have been better off developing
    >> an Fvwm theme.

    > Thank you for your advice.
    > Actually, I didn't know much about fvwm themes.

    Download the latest fvwm beta, then download fvwm-themes.

    You don't need to use fvwm-themes to create a winme look, but
    it does provide a theme framework that would encourage other people
    to use your work.

    > However, there are some functions which I want to implement and are like to be
    > not implemented by fvwm.

    If you've previously looked at Fvwm95, I think you'll be surprised at
    how much fvwm has advanced since the point of the fvwm95 fork.

    > Anyway, I have to think about it.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread