xpm library - Xwindows

This is a discussion on xpm library - Xwindows ; Where can I find programmer documentation about the xpm library in xfree86? There seems to be no manpage. Looking at the header file, most of the interface is quite obvious, with the exception of the *_to_data and *_from_data functions. What ...

  1. xpm library

    Where can I find programmer documentation about the xpm library in
    xfree86? There seems to be no manpage. Looking at the header file,
    most of the interface is quite obvious, with the exception of the
    *_to_data and *_from_data functions. What are the data pointers
    supposed to point to?

    --
    Dreaming is well-mannered people's way of committing suicide.
    Isak Dinesen, _The Dreamers_

  2. Re: xpm library

    Ian Zimmerman writes in comp.windows.x:
    |Where can I find programmer documentation about the xpm library in
    |xfree86? There seems to be no manpage. Looking at the header file,
    |most of the interface is quite obvious, with the exception of the
    |*_to_data and *_from_data functions. What are the data pointers
    |supposed to point to?

    Did you try a google search? The very first hit I got for "XPM Library"
    was the XPM home page at http://koala.ilog.fr/lehors/xpm.html which has
    links to some documentation and a pointer to the download site where you
    can download the complete reference manual.

    Alan Coopersmith alanc@alum.calberkeley.org
    http://www.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/ aka: Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM

  3. Re: xpm library

    |Where can I find programmer documentation about the xpm library in
    |xfree86? There seems to be no manpage. Looking at the header file,
    |most of the interface is quite obvious, with the exception of the
    |*_to_data and *_from_data functions. What are the data pointers
    |supposed to point to?

    Alan> Did you try a google search? The very first hit I got for "XPM
    Alan> Library" was the XPM home page at
    Alan> http://koala.ilog.fr/lehors/xpm.html which has links to some
    Alan> documentation and a pointer to the download site where you can
    Alan> download the complete reference manual.

    Well no I have not googled. I have very limited net access, you see,
    just enough time to read news and mail. (I'm writing this watching my
    single espresso diminish at Fertile Grounds on Shattuck and Delaware
    Thanks for the link. Anyway, why isn't at least the README in xfree86?

    --
    Dreaming is well-mannered people's way of committing suicide.
    Isak Dinesen, _The Dreamers_

+ Reply to Thread