spyware/adware - Xwindows

This is a discussion on spyware/adware - Xwindows ; what software or download is the best to get for the elimination of spyware, and where can i find it?...

  1. spyware/adware

    what software or download is the best to get for the elimination of
    spyware, and where can i find it?

  2. Re: spyware/adware

    On 23 Nov 2003 12:35:17 -0800, brentg@ualberta.ca (brent) wrote:

    >what software or download is the best to get for the elimination of
    >spyware, and where can i find it?

    I presume that you mean spyware on Microsoft Windows, because AFAIK, the X
    protocol doesn't intrinsically support spyware. In that case, I'm sorry, but
    comp.windows.x is not the proper forum to post this sort of question, and you
    probably won't get much help here.

    You see, the topic of comp.windows.x is the X networking protocol, and the
    graphical windowed environments that use it. This forum has nothing to do with
    discussions about Microsoft Windows other than (perhaps) discussing X
    implementations on them.

    Your question has nothing to do with X, and probably should be asked in one of
    the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    --
    Lew Pitcher
    IT Consultant, Enterprise Technology Solutions