XFree86 4.3.0 + multiple output - Xwindows

This is a discussion on XFree86 4.3.0 + multiple output - Xwindows ; Good afternoon... This was probably answered before, but my searches on the web didn't help much. I have a Linux Slackware box running XFree86 4.3.0 It currently has a NVidia GForce 2 What I want to know is if it's ...

  1. XFree86 4.3.0 + multiple output

    Good afternoon...

    This was probably answered before, but my
    searches on the web didn't help much.

    I have a Linux Slackware box running XFree86 4.3.0
    It currently has a NVidia GForce 2

    What I want to know is if it's possible to add a second
    videocard, which would be plugged to my TV. The card is an ATI 3d Pro
    Turbo

    Basically, I want to be able to play movies from the Linux box to the TV
    sharing the desktop between the TV and the computer screen is not what
    I'm looking for...

    Is it possible?

  2. Re: XFree86 4.3.0 + multiple output

    I believe this is possible. The only limitation I have heard of is, unlike
    Mac or Windows XP, you can't "drag" a window from one display to another.
    So you would have to start the video directly on the TV display.

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 14:19:27 -0500, DaDeXTeR wrote:

    > Good afternoon...
    >
    > This was probably answered before, but my
    > searches on the web didn't help much.
    >
    > I have a Linux Slackware box running XFree86 4.3.0
    > It currently has a NVidia GForce 2
    >
    > What I want to know is if it's possible to add a second
    > videocard, which would be plugged to my TV. The card is an ATI 3d Pro
    > Turbo
    >
    > Basically, I want to be able to play movies from the Linux box to the TV
    > sharing the desktop between the TV and the computer screen is not what
    > I'm looking for...
    >
    > Is it possible?

  3. Re: XFree86 4.3.0 + multiple output

    On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:18:21 GMT, Tom Junior
    wrote:

    >I believe this is possible. The only limitation I have heard of is, unlike
    >Mac or Windows XP, you can't "drag" a window from one display to another.

    Wrong. This is indeed possible, exactly like Mac or WinXP, with Xinerama support
    in X.

    --
    Lew Pitcher
    IT Consultant, Enterprise Technology Solutions