router - Xwindows

This is a discussion on router - Xwindows ; I am trying to hook a router up in my house, to two PCs. Both have windows XP, i know, sorry. I can run a setup for the router, but it wont find the internet. My ISP cant detect the ...

  1. router

    I am trying to hook a router up in my house, to two PCs. Both have
    windows XP, i know, sorry. I can run a setup for the router, but it
    wont find the internet. My ISP cant detect the router either, i've
    heard that there may be something extra to do since i have XP, is this
    true. Could someone tell me the steps to setting this up, or if there
    is software that i need to download, or if i should just cut my loss,
    and go for a new and better router.
    thanks

  2. Re: router

    brent wrote:
    > I am trying to hook a router up in my house, to two PCs. Both have
    > windows XP,

    [snip]

    I'm sorry, but comp.windows.x is not the proper forum to post this sort of
    question, and you probably won't get much help here.

    You see, the topic of comp.windows.x is the X networking protocol, and the
    graphical windowed environments that use it. This forum has nothing to do with
    discussions about Microsoft Windows other than (perhaps) discussing X
    implementations on them.

    Your question has nothing to do with X, and probably should be asked in one of
    the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    Sorry

    --
    Lew Pitcher

    Master Codewright and JOAT-in-training