WinXP lockup on "Setup is starting Windows" K7VT2 board - Xwindows

This is a discussion on WinXP lockup on "Setup is starting Windows" K7VT2 board - Xwindows ; I'm trying to install a fresh copy of WindowsXP on my machine that I recently installed a new K7VT2 motherboard, and a Athlon XP 2400. Only when it loads all the setup files from the cd when I boot from ...

  1. WinXP lockup on "Setup is starting Windows" K7VT2 board

    I'm trying to install a fresh copy of WindowsXP on my machine that I
    recently installed a new K7VT2 motherboard, and a Athlon XP 2400.
    Only when it loads all the setup files from the cd when I boot from
    it, it gets to "Setup is loading Windows" and stops. No hard drive
    activity, no keyboard light working, nothing.

    I've read on here about the KT7A board having this problem due to the
    Nvidia video card that would be in it during the setup. I have a
    Geforce 3 TI 200 128 MEG APG card in mine. I switched it with a
    Voodoo 3 3000, AND an old ATI Rage card i had, and got the same
    problems. Note I also tried with my WinXP Pro and Win2K Pro cd and
    got the same thing. Anyone have an idea? I also tried disabling all
    IDE's and devices on the board that i didn't need to install the OS
    such as LAN, and secondary IDE channel.

    SPECS:
    K7VT2 Motherboard
    Athlon XP 2400+
    1 gig of PC133 SDRAM
    Geforce 3 TI 200 128 MEG AGP
    Maxtor 80 gig IDE hdd

    Thanks!

  2. Re: WinXP lockup on "Setup is starting Windows" K7VT2 board

    kenny wrote:
    > I'm trying to install a fresh copy of WindowsXP on my machine that I

    [snip]

    I'm sorry, but this forum can't help you.

    You see, the comp.windows.x forum is for the discussion of the X network
    protocol, and the graphical windowing environments that use it. This forum
    has nothing to do with Microsoft Windows except perhaps discussing X
    implementations on that platform.

    Your statements have nothing to do with X, and probably should be made in
    one of the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    I'm sorry,