Microsoft offer $500,000 bounty on virus writers - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Microsoft offer $500,000 bounty on virus writers - Xwindows ; Microsoft offer $500,000 bounty on virus writers Micro$oft Corp. Wednesday offered a $500,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the authors of the crippling MSBlast and Sobig computer bugs! http://go.jitbot.com/ms-virus-bounty Micro$oft link to the bounty offer page: http://go.jitbot.com/ms-antivirus-reward ...

  1. Microsoft offer $500,000 bounty on virus writers

    Microsoft offer $500,000 bounty on virus writers

    Micro$oft Corp. Wednesday offered a $500,000 reward for information leading
    to the arrest of the authors of the crippling MSBlast and Sobig computer
    bugs!

    http://go.jitbot.com/ms-virus-bounty

    Micro$oft link to the bounty offer page:

    http://go.jitbot.com/ms-antivirus-reward

    E-mail me if you know who did it and we'll share !!!

    Mitch the bitch

  2. Re: Microsoft offer $500,000 bounty on virus writers

    Mitch wrote:
    > Microsoft offer $500,000 bounty on virus writers

    [snip]

    I'm sorry, but this forum can't help you.

    You see, the comp.windows.x forum is for the discussion of the X network
    protocol, and the graphical windowing environments that use it. This forum has
    nothing to do with Microsoft Windows except perhaps discussing X
    implementations on that platform.

    Your statements have nothing to do with X, and probably should be made in one
    of the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    I'm sorry,

    --
    Lew Pitcher

    Master Codewright and JOAT-in-training

  3. Re: Microsoft offer $500,000 bounty on virus writers

    Lew Pitcher wrote:

    > Mitch wrote:
    >> Microsoft offer $500,000 bounty on virus writers

    I suppose $500,000 is cheaper than paying someone to fix the security holes
    in their products that virus writers exploit

    Mark.

    Mark Slingo
    mark@slingo.nq.nu
    http://www.slingo.nq.nu

  4. Re: Microsoft offer $500,000 bounty on virus writers

    In comp.windows.x, Mark Slingo

    wrote
    on Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:39:32 +1000
    <3fb77005$0$1739$5a62ac22@freenews.iinet.net.au>:
    > Lew Pitcher wrote:
    >
    >> Mitch wrote:
    >>> Microsoft offer $500,000 bounty on virus writers

    > I suppose $500,000 is cheaper than paying someone to fix the security holes
    > in their products that virus writers exploit

    $500,000 = 5 man-years of engineering time, give or take. :-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

+ Reply to Thread