HP Printer Will Not Load - Xwindows

This is a discussion on HP Printer Will Not Load - Xwindows ; I just got an HP 7260 USB printer. After trying to load the driver it tells me it was unsuccessful and "driver is not intended for this platform." HP tech support could not figure it out and said it was ...

  1. HP Printer Will Not Load

    I just got an HP 7260 USB printer. After trying to load the driver it
    tells me it was unsuccessful and "driver is not intended for this
    platform."

    HP tech support could not figure it out and said it was a Windows
    issue.

    I am using WinXP Pro. This printer loaded just fine on another XP
    machine.

  2. Re: HP Printer Will Not Load

    Printman2000 wrote:
    > I just got an HP 7260 USB printer.

    [snip]
    > I am using WinXP Pro.

    [snip]

    I'm sorry, but this forum can't help you.

    You see, the comp.windows.x forum is for the discussion of the X network
    protocol, and the graphical windowing environments that use it. This forum
    has nothing to do with Microsoft Windows except perhaps discussing X
    implementations on that platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with X, and probably should be asked in one
    of the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    I'm sorry,
    --
    Lew Pitcher

    Master Codewright and JOAT-in-training