HP DVD Writer dvd200i Disappears - Xwindows

This is a discussion on HP DVD Writer dvd200i Disappears - Xwindows ; If I boot or reboot my WinXPPro machine with ANY CD in this drive, the drive does not show up in My Computer or in the Device Manager. If I boot or reboot WITHOUT a CD in the drive, it ...

  1. HP DVD Writer dvd200i Disappears

    If I boot or reboot my WinXPPro machine with ANY CD in this drive, the
    drive does not show up in My Computer or in the Device Manager.

    If I boot or reboot WITHOUT a CD in the drive, it shows up just fine.

    I have updated to the latest drivers, no help. Any ideas?

  2. Re: HP DVD Writer dvd200i Disappears

    Sorry, wrong group.

    printman2000@hotmail.com (Printman2000) wrote in message news:<9c2f122.0311130607.25d4565@posting.google.com>...
    > If I boot or reboot my WinXPPro machine with ANY CD in this drive, the
    > drive does not show up in My Computer or in the Device Manager.
    >
    > If I boot or reboot WITHOUT a CD in the drive, it shows up just fine.
    >
    > I have updated to the latest drivers, no help. Any ideas?

  3. Re: HP DVD Writer dvd200i Disappears

    Printman2000 wrote:
    > If I boot or reboot my WinXPPro machine

    [snip]

    I'm sorry, but this forum can't help you.

    You see, the comp.windows.x forum is for the discussion of the X network
    protocol, and the graphical windowing environments that use it. This forum
    has nothing to do with Microsoft Windows except perhaps discussing X
    implementations on that platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with X, and probably should be asked in one
    of the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    I'm sorry,

    --
    Lew Pitcher

    Master Codewright and JOAT-in-training