Setting raster mode - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Setting raster mode - Xwindows ; How do I change the raster mode (XOR, OR, NOT, etc) for graphics operations on a window? For instance, I have made a progress bar widget for my toolkit that has the percent complete displayed in the center. When the ...

  1. Setting raster mode

    How do I change the raster mode (XOR, OR, NOT, etc) for graphics operations
    on a window? For instance, I have made a progress bar widget for my
    toolkit that has the percent complete displayed in the center. When the
    completion bar encroaches upon the text, I want the intersected parts of
    the text to invert (or otherwise change). This requires setting the raster
    operation to something other than an as-is drawing mode.

  2. Re: Setting raster mode

    Tony O'Bryan wrote in

    > How do I change the raster mode (XOR, OR, NOT, etc) for graphics operations
    > on a window?

    Set your graphics context (GC). Any Xlib tutorial should have details.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

  3. Re: Setting raster mode

    Ken Lee wrote:

    > Tony O'Bryan wrote in
    >
    >> How do I change the raster mode (XOR, OR, NOT, etc) for graphics
    >> operations on a window?

    > Set your graphics context (GC). Any Xlib tutorial should have details.
    >
    > Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

    I didn't scroll down the XCreateGC manpage far enough -sigh-.

+ Reply to Thread