Windows Explorer won't start - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Windows Explorer won't start - Xwindows ; When I boot into XP and login it will load my profile with the wallpaper but it never loads Explorer, no icons, task bar, or anything. I can bring up Task Manager so I tried running Explorer from there but ...

  1. Windows Explorer won't start

    When I boot into XP and login it will load my profile with the
    wallpaper but it never loads Explorer, no icons, task bar, or
    anything. I can bring up Task Manager so I tried running Explorer
    from there but it dies just before it brings up the desktop. It will
    appear in the task list for a split second and then disapper. I can
    run any other program through Task Manager but not Explorer. I also
    tried creating a new ID and logging in with it but it didn't help
    either. Anybody have any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Josh

  2. Re: Windows Explorer won't start <-- And why should we care?

    In article ,
    jgrall@jgrall.net (Josh) writes:
    > When I boot into XP and login it will load my profile with the
    > wallpaper but it never loads Explorer, no icons, task bar, or
    > anything. I can bring up Task Manager so I tried running Explorer
    > from there but it dies just before it brings up the desktop. It will
    > appear in the task list for a split second and then disapper. I can
    > run any other program through Task Manager but not Explorer. I also
    > tried creating a new ID and logging in with it but it didn't help
    > either. Anybody have any ideas?

    This is a newsgroup for the X Window System, typically running on
    Unix systems.

    The 'x' in "comp.windows.x" does not stand for "XP".

    Dave

    --

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

  3. Re: Windows Explorer won't start

    Josh wrote:
    > When I boot into XP and login it will load my profile with the

    [snip]

    I'm sorry, but this forum can't help you.

    You see, the comp.windows.x forum is for the discussion of the X network
    protocol, and the graphical windowing environments that use it. This forum has
    nothing to do with Microsoft Windows except perhaps discussing X implementations
    on that platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with X, and probably should be asked in one of
    the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    I'm sorry,

    --
    Lew Pitcher

    Master Codewright and JOAT-in-training