xhost - Xwindows

This is a discussion on xhost - Xwindows ; Hi, I'm using XFree86 with Cygwin on a Win XP Pro box successfully. The only anoying thing is to enter the allowed hosts every time I reboot my Laptop. Is there a way to store this list? Regards, Oliver...

  1. xhost

    Hi,

    I'm using XFree86 with Cygwin on a Win XP Pro box successfully. The only
    anoying thing is to enter the allowed hosts every time I reboot my
    Laptop. Is there a way to store this list?

    Regards,
    Oliver

  2. Re: xhost

    In comp.windows.x, Oliver Vecernik

    wrote
    on Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:17:06 +0100
    :
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using XFree86 with Cygwin on a Win XP Pro box successfully. The only
    > anoying thing is to enter the allowed hosts every time I reboot my
    > Laptop. Is there a way to store this list?

    If there's a script (startxwin.bat?) starting up XFree86 you
    can simply put the xhost stuff in that list. Bear also in mind
    that xhost is probably better replaced by the xauth/ssh tunnelling
    mechanism, if you're worried about security. :-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

+ Reply to Thread