Monitoring X application - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Monitoring X application - Xwindows ; Hello, with Debian 3r0 xfree 4.?.?, i must use a java application provided by someone. This application opens dialog box. I simulate mouse and keyboard event with xmacroplay. But when dialog boxes don't appear at the same place, my script ...

  1. Monitoring X application

    Hello,

    with Debian 3r0 xfree 4.?.?, i must use a java application provided by
    someone.

    This application opens dialog box.
    I simulate mouse and keyboard event with xmacroplay.
    But when dialog boxes don't appear at the same place, my script
    containing xmacroplay fails.

    I would like to obtain the following events
    - a nex dialo box appears
    - its position,
    - its size,
    - its title,
    - ....
    - all i can recover.

    Is it possible ?
    Can i do it at x server level or another level ?
    I do not know how to do it.

    Could you give me advices, links, explanation ?
    ( C/C++ welcome ).

    Sincerely,

    Jeannot Lelapin

  2. Re: Monitoring X application

    * Jeannot Lelapin :
    > This application opens dialog box.
    > I simulate mouse and keyboard event with xmacroplay.
    > But when dialog boxes don't appear at the same place, my script
    > containing xmacroplay fails.

    In 'unstable' a new package appeared. It's called xautomation:
    ,
    , and seems to
    do exactly what you need.

    [X-posted as server doesn't carry c.w.x]

    --
    Psi --
    Vivake -- Virtuaalinen valokuvauskerho

  3. Re: Monitoring X application

    Thanks for four reply.
    I will test it.

    Jeannot

    Jeannot Lelapin wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > with Debian 3r0 xfree 4.?.?, i must use a java application provided by
    > someone.
    >
    > This application opens dialog box.
    > I simulate mouse and keyboard event with xmacroplay.
    > But when dialog boxes don't appear at the same place, my script
    > containing xmacroplay fails.
    >
    > I would like to obtain the following events
    > - a nex dialo box appears
    > - its position,
    > - its size,
    > - its title,
    > - ....
    > - all i can recover.
    >
    > Is it possible ?
    > Can i do it at x server level or another level ?
    > I do not know how to do it.
    >
    > Could you give me advices, links, explanation ?
    > ( C/C++ welcome ).
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Jeannot Lelapin

+ Reply to Thread