***Desktop-Not all icons/folders are in correct order!! - Xwindows

This is a discussion on ***Desktop-Not all icons/folders are in correct order!! - Xwindows ; I have WindowsXP and approximately 300 programs...99% of which are represented by icons in descriptive folders on my desktop page (folder examples: Utilities, Office, Games, AVI Encoders, etc.). For the most part, I can right-click on the Desktop page and ...

  1. ***Desktop-Not all icons/folders are in correct order!!

    I have WindowsXP and approximately 300 programs...99% of which are represented
    by icons in descriptive folders on my desktop page (folder examples: Utilities,
    Office, Games, AVI Encoders, etc.). For the most part, I can right-click on
    the Desktop page and put the icons in order. The beginning part of the icons
    are the folders in alphabetical order, followed by icons for programs whose
    shortcuts are not in the folders...BUT...for some strange reason, the last 20
    are a combination of both folders and icons! I can't seem to put some of these
    folders at the beginning with the rest of the folders. Any thoughts or
    suggestions on why some of the folders (containing shortcuts) refuse to get
    back with the other folders on the desktop page.

  2. Re: ***Desktop-Not all icons/folders are in correct order!!

    Xtx99 wrote:

    > I have WindowsXP and approximately 300 programs...99% of which are represented

    [snip]

    Sorry, but we can't help you here.

    The subject of the comp.windows.x newsgroup is the X network protocol, and
    the graphical windowing systems that use it. As such, this newsgroup does
    not have anything to do with Microsoft Windows except for discussing
    implementations of X on that platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with the X protocol or it's supporting
    applications. You probably should ask in one of the comp.os.ms-windows.*
    newsgroups to get a proper answer.

    Sorry.