changing size of a pixmap - Xwindows

This is a discussion on changing size of a pixmap - Xwindows ; Hi there ! How to change the width and the height of a pixmap with xlib function ? Everything i tried (XResizeWindow, XSetNormalHints, XSetSizeHints ..) has given me a BadWindow error. Bye Matic...

  1. changing size of a pixmap

    Hi there !

    How to change the width and the height of a pixmap with xlib function ?
    Everything i tried (XResizeWindow, XSetNormalHints, XSetSizeHints ..)
    has given me a BadWindow error.

    Bye
    Matic

  2. Re: changing size of a pixmap

    Matic wrote:

    > Hi there !
    >
    > How to change the width and the height of a pixmap with xlib function ?
    > Everything i tried (XResizeWindow, XSetNormalHints, XSetSizeHints ..)
    > has given me a BadWindow error.

    XCreatePixmap() + XFreePixmap()

    -- ced

    --
    Chuck Dillon
    Senior Software Engineer

  3. Re: changing size of a pixmap

    In comp.windows.x, Matic

    wrote
    on Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:44:12 GMT
    :
    > Hi there !
    >
    > How to change the width and the height of a pixmap with xlib function ?
    > Everything i tried (XResizeWindow, XSetNormalHints, XSetSizeHints ..)
    > has given me a BadWindow error.

    A Pixmap is a Drawable, but not a Window. Your best bet is to
    create a new Pixmap of the desired (new) size and then draw into it.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

  4. Re: changing size of a pixmap

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:00:01 +0000, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > In comp.windows.x, Matic
    >
    > wrote
    > on Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:44:12 GMT
    > :
    >> Hi there !
    >>
    >> How to change the width and the height of a pixmap with xlib function ?
    >> Everything i tried (XResizeWindow, XSetNormalHints, XSetSizeHints ..)
    >> has given me a BadWindow error.
    >>

    > A Pixmap is a Drawable, but not a Window. Your best bet is to
    > create a new Pixmap of the desired (new) size and then draw into it.
    >

    >> Bye
    >> Matic

    thank you all

+ Reply to Thread